Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Access to Materials at Carroll Community College Library
- Print books can be checked out by anyone with a student ID or local public library card
- Ebooks are available to anyone using a computer on campus
- Only students, faculty, & staff can access ebooks with a computer off-campus
- The local public libraries also have books on careers
- Search the catalog using a term for the career area plus the word "vocational" or "career"
Articles & Databases
- Research databases & their content are available to anyone using a computer on campus
- Select a database under the Databases tab above & search for articles using a term for the career area plus the word "vocational" or career"
- Only students, faculty, & staff can access research databases with a computer off-campus
Human Services & Sociology
Designing an anthropology career : professional development exercises
Call Number: GN 41.8 B75 2009
What anthropologists do
Call Number: GN 41.8 S77 2009
Resources on All Careers on the Internet
Occupational Outlook Handbook
Online version of the well-known book produced by the U.S. Dept. of Labor. Includes description of the work, background required, potential salary, and employment outlook.
Career websites on the open Internet including career research sites, job search sites, & company/industry information