Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is the Library Orientation?
This Library Orientation is a basic overview of the Library and its resources and services.
It consists of 2 parts:
- an Audio Walking Tour of the Library where you listen to a recording while walking around the library, and;
- an online tour of the Library Website
Follow the steps below to complete the Orientation.
NOTE: The Library Orientation is mandatory for all ENGL 101 students.
LOOK FOR THIS SYMBOL
FOR THE AUDIO TOUR
THROUGHOUT THE LIBRARY
Step 1: Library Orientation Worksheet
As you take the Audio Walking Tour, you will complete the 2-part Library Orientation Worksheet.
- Pick up the worksheet from the Circulation Desk before you take the Audio Tour
- OR print it yourself using the link below.
- Part 1: You will answer several questions during the Audio Tour (Step 2 below);
- Part 2: You will answer the remaining questions while completing the online Website Tour (Step 3 below.)
Step 2: Take the Audio Walking Tour of the Library
The Audio Walking Tour will introduce you to the resources, services, and locations available in the library.
- Look for the red Audio Tour signs with the audio symbol in white (see the symbol above).
While you are taking the audio tour, answer the questions in the first section of the Worksheet.
You have 2 options for taking the tour:
Option #1: Borrow an MP3 player at the Circulation Desk. Use your own ear buds or borrow headphones.
NOTE: You will need your Student Photo ID/Library card to check out an MP3 player or headphones. Still need to get your CCC Photo ID? Check the Photo ID hours on the Library homepage.
Option #2: Use a smartphone with a QR Code Reader app.
- Download a free app before you come to the library from the App Store on iTunes or Android Apps on Google play.
- NOTE: Most iPhones have a built-in scanner app. Just open your camera and scan the tour's QR codes.
- In the library, scan the QR code at each tour stop.
Step 3: Tour the Library Website
After you've completed the Audio tour, go the link below to take the online Library Website Tour and answer the remaining questions on the Orientation worksheet.
Library Website Tour
Text that is red and bold relates to questions that should be answered on the Library Orientation Worksheet.
Step 4: ENGL 101 students
If you are taking ENGL 101, give the completed Library Orientation Worksheet to your instructor to get credit for completing this assignment.
Audio Tour Transcript
This transcript is provided for students who may have difficulty listening to the audio file.
In addition to the Orientation, the library also provides tutorials to assist student with completing their research assignments.
Tutorials on: finding books & periodicals, reference sources, the Internet, evaluating information, and documentation of sources.