The library is closed to the general public for the fall semester. Only CCC students and staff will be allowed in the library. Patrons are expected to respect college policies on masks and social distancing. The information below only applies for the fall 2020 academic semester beginning Monday, August 31.
|Saturday and Sunday||Closed|
1. Library materials can be checked out for 3 weeks at a time, with 10 renewals allowed so long as another patron has not placed a hold.
2. Returned library materials will be quarantined for 4 days before check-in. Please call the library if your materials have not been removed from your account after 1 week.
3. Holds for CCC materials must be placed using your CCC card, with CCC as the pickup location. Patrons with materials from McDaniel College or the Carroll County Public Library should consult those branches about their circulation policies.
4. Reserve textbooks, media items and anatomical models will NOT be circulated during the fall semester. Calculators are still available for 4-hour checkout periods.
5. Group study rooms are closed for the semester. A limited number of socially-distanced computers, tables, chairs, and study carrels are available for student use.
6. Donations and the Book Sale are suspended at least through the fall semester.
7. The library does not sell textbooks. Please visit the CCC Bookstore web site to purchase required course materials.
1. Photo ID hours are taken Mondays - Thursdays and closed Fridays/weekends. Our fall semester operating hours are:
Monday - 12:00-8:00
Tuesday - 8:00-4:00
Wednesday - 8:00-4:00
Thursday - 12:00-8:00
Library staffing is limited during the fall semester, so students may need to wait for up to an hour before having their IDs taken. Please call the library at 410-386-8330 to check our current availability if you are planning to come to campus specifically for your ID.
2. Students needing a replacement ID must submit a $5.00 fee to the Business Office.
|Saturday and Sunday||Closed|
2. You may e-mail your APA or MLA reference list to the reference desk. Please send final copies, as librarians will only review each assignment once. We will return your assignment with comments within 1 business day.
4. Contact the Academic Center for information about tutoring and assignment review.
1. Questions about your library account should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-386-8330.
2. Patrons can manage library accounts online, including reserving and renewing library materials. You will need your library barcode number (see your student ID) to create an account. The default password is your 7-digit student ID. It is highly recommend that you reset this password when accessing your account for the first time. See our library account instruction sheet for more information.
The 4 links below will satisfy the library research and citation needs for the majority of CCC assignments:
Books & Media Catalog - Books, ebooks, streaming and media, A/V materials, but not journals.
Citation Guides - CCC's streamlined guides to APA and MLA citations (accepted by all faculty)
Library Databases - Periodicals (newspapers, magazines, scholarly journals, etc...)
Subject Research Guides - Specialized resources and tips for every college discipline