Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Problem Solution: Recommended databases
Use the Book & Media Catalog to find print books and e-books.
- Use one or two main words to find your topic.
- When you've found a book, click AVAILABILITY to see where the book is located.
- To read e-books off-campus, you'll need your 7 digit college ID.
- Frustrated or stuck? Ask a librarian for help!
Opposing Viewpoints in Context
Here's a video tutorial for using Opposing Viewpoints in Context:
- Opioid overdoses
- Pharmaceutical industry
- "Big pharma" (a popular term among critics of the pharmaceutical industry)
- Overdose prevention
- Harm reduction
- Syringe or needle exchange
- Naloxone or Narcan
- Pain management
Tip: Consider adding a second search term if you want to narrow your focus.
Tip: "Child labor" is a good search to start with. Here's some ways you could narrow your search:
- A particular industry, such as fashion/garment industry, coffee, mining
- A particular country
- If you don't have a country in mind yet, use "child labor" and international
Other terms and industries to consider:
- working children
- forced labor
- children's rights
- cobalt mining
- garment industry (also, "fast fashion")
Solutions you could explore:
- Awareness-raising (documentaries, photojournalism, etc.)
- Consumer boycotts
- Trade unions
- International regulation
- Child labor laws
- Access to education
Community cooperation with policing
- Community policing
- Police community relationship
- Public trust
- Community engagement
- Police reform or police accountability
- Residence requirements
- Police protection
Tip: Use Advanced search to search two terms or phrases at once. For example: police or law enforcement AND public trust