Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Titles of Interest
The following are selected general histories of Western Civilization from prehistory through the Thirty Years War.
- Civilization : a New History of the Western World - CB 245 O775 2006
- Western Civilization in World History - CB 245 S743 2003
- The Rise of the West : a History of the Human Community - CB 69 M34 1990
- The Oxford History of the Classical World - DE 59 O94 1986
- The Oxford History of the Biblical World - BS 635.2 O94 1998
- The Oxford History of Ancient Egypt - DT 83 O93 2000
- Cambridge Illustrated History of the Roman world - DG 209 C36 2003
- Cambridge Companion to Archaic Greece - DF 77 C317 2007
- A History of the Ancient Near East, c. 3000-323 BC - DS 62.2 V36 2003
- The Renaissance : a History of Civilization in Italy from 1304-1576 A.D. - CB53 .D95 1981
- The Renaissance and Reformation; a Short History - D 228 N43
- War and Society in Renaissance Europe, 1450-1620 - U 43 E95 H35 1986
- The Oxford Illustrated History of Medieval Europe - D102 .O94
- The New Cambridge Medieval History - D 117 N48 1995
- The Civilization of the Middle Ages - CB 351 C24 1993
- Life in the Middle Ages : from the Seventh to the Thirteenth Century - CB 361 G6213 1993
Use the online catalog to conduct a keyword or subject search. Be sure to note:
- the collection of the item (Reference, Periodical, Folio, Book)
- the item's call number
- whether the item is available or has been checked out
- if the item is an ebook or website, use the embedded link to access it.
To become more familiar with searching the online catalog, complete the online Library Tutorial
Salem History is a collection of Web-based ebooks that deal with a number of topics. The following sources are included in Salem History: The Encyclopedia of Immigration, Historical Encyclopedia of American Business, and Milestone Documents (1940s-1990s), and Great Events From History (The Middle Ages, 20th Century 1901-2000).
Add the word "sources" to a catalog search along with "middle ages" or "renaissance" to find books including primary sources or
- look under the tab above for Web Sites for Western Civilization 1 or
- use one of these two ebooks containing primary sources
e-books are accessible through the online catalog or from the e-book vendor's website. In the online catalog, e-books are identified as e-Book under the collection. In order to access an e-book from off campus, you will need your seven digit ID number.
The preferred way to search for e-books is through the online catalog. Enter your keywords and then limit your search by format to ebook and your location to Carroll Community College.
To search for e-books through a vendor's website, go to the Library's ebook web page and select one of the ebook sites.