Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Titles of Interest
The following are selected general histories of Western Civilization from roughly 1600 to post-World War II:
- Early modern Europe, 1450-1789 - D 102 W54 2006
- The Oxford illustrated history of modern Europe - D 299 O84 1996
- The roads to modernity: the British, French, and American enlightenments - ebook
- Europe, 1648-1815 : from the old regime to the age of revolution - D 273 W53 2004
- The Enlightenment and the intellectual foundations of modern culture - ebook
- The Stuart age : a history of England 1603-1714 - DA 375 C74 1980
- World War I : a history - D 521 W63 1998
- No simple victory : World War II in Europe, 1939-1945 - D 743 D33 2007
- Double victory : a multicultural history of America in World War II - D 769 T42 2000
- Postwar : a history of Europe since 1945 - D 1051 J84 2006
- The Cold War : a military history - ebook
- The world is flat : a brief history of the twenty-first century - HM 846 F74 2005
Use the online catalog to conduct a keyword or subject search. Be sure to note:
- the collection of the item (Reference, Periodical, Folio, Book)
- the item's call number
- whether the item is available or has been checked out
- if the item is an ebook or website, use the embedded link to access it.
To become more familiar with searching the online catalog, complete the online Library Tutorial
Salem History is a collection of Web-based ebooks that deal with a number of topics. The following sources are included in Salem History: The Encyclopedia of Immigration, Historical Encyclopedia of American Business, and Milestone Documents (1940s-1990s), and Great Events From History (The Middle Ages, 20th Century 1901-2000).
e-books are accessible through the online catalog or from the e-book vendor's website. In the online catalog, e-books are identified as e-Book under the collection. In order to access an e-book from off campus, you will need your seven digit ID number.
The preferred way to search for e-books is through the online catalog. Enter your keywords and then limit your search by format to ebook and your location to Carroll Community College.
To search for e-books through a vendor's website, go to the Library's ebook web page and select one of the ebook sites.